We know that Michigan Area United Methodist Camps are reaching today’s youth and adults with the powerful message of love and redemption through Jesus Christ. Check out this video. Summer camp gives today’s youth a break from the plugged-in, fast-paced life at home and immerses them in God’s creation. They learn life skills living outdoors and a different sort of ABCs – like Archery, Bible Study, Canoeing…
Explore online event listings to find your perfect camp! Camp is a life-changing part of young people’s spiritual formation. The Michigan Area United Methodist Church has a diverse number of camping opportunities for all ages!
Look for adventure, horseback riding, water sports, nature hikes, swimming and more. Your children or grandchildren are nurtured in nature to appreciate God, friendship and the great outdoors.
- Youngest Campers Short “teddy bear” and “Grandparent” camps allow younger campers to experience camp with a parent or grand parent.
- Elementary & Middle School Traditional summer camp activities plus farm camp, horse camp, “You Can’t Do That” camp, sports like soccer, volleyball, basketball and more.
- Teens & Young Adults Backpacking, kayaking, canoeing and more
- Special Needs There are opportunities for campers (children and adults) with physical and mental challenges.
- Adults Choir and Senior camps at lovely Lake Huron Retreat Center
- Family Camp Over 4th of July and Labor Day you can stay as a family at Camp Kinawind (think Bridge Walk), plus RV and tent camping at nearby Myers Lake (Byron)
Volunteer opportunities, including counselors and clean-up/maintenance, are available, too.
Contact Suzanne Everett, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information about camp