Our faith community is clear about our mission. We exist to help others to know God, love God and serve God. Our purpose influences all that we do in worship, faith formation and service. I give thanks to God for so many who serve to make our mission possible. We are truly a blessed church.
Another way that many have said “yes!” to the mission and effectiveness of First United Methodist is through generous gifts. In mid-2019, church leaders became concerned about a growing gap between church expenditures and giving. We made adjustments in spending and let the congregation know about the church’s needs.
I give thanks to God for the faithful response of so many.
- First United Methodist Church begins 2020 financially sound with all bills paid.
- In 2019, we donated materials and time for outreach and gave $72,611 for mission, outreach and mission teams.
- We continue to grow a “maintenance reserve” fund, anticipating building repair costs.
- We paid 100% of our clergy pension obligation ($18,833)
- We gave 71% of our “Ministry Shares”, support for the United Methodist denomination (gave $50,661).
As we move into 2020, we will work from a budget that incorporates our vision and reflects good stewardship. I am privileged to be in ministry with you in this fruitful time in the life of our church.
Rev. Dr. Sherry Parker-Lewis email